Thursday 7 April 2011

Spirituali-Tea

I made the difficult decision to cut back on caffeine this year - something I never thought I'd enjoy doing but I have to confess that so far, so good! A 'real' coffee once in a while is now a treat rather than a necessity!

For the sake of my health, I now start the day with a cup of warm water & a slice of lemon (which is surprisingly enjoyable - seriously!) and I have found a few herbal infusions to replace my normal cuppa throughout the rest of the day. The French have an impressive array of 'tisanes' for health benefits and so it is easy to find something to suit whatever is ailing you at your local pharmacie.


Whilst on my quest for a tasty brew, I came across Yogi, a brand of Ayurvedic herbal infusions which really uplifted my spirits. In addition to the benefits of being made with all natural ingredients with specific well-being properties, each tea bag contains an inspirational quote - it's like a super healthy fortune cookie!


And what's more the interior of the box is simply gorgeous... naturally my magpie instincts kicked in & said box is currently in my paper supplies pile for making cards & mixed media artwork


So, before I totally hippie-out on you here, I'll leave you with today's cup of spirituali-tea...


I think this quote speaks wonders for the health benefits of tea on the mind, body and the soul. And if it is true that you reap what you sow, I wholeheartedly look forward to cultivating my well-being one tasty cup at a time!

Lisa x

p.s -  I am so totally in love with this vintage tea cup!
{© all images by Lisa Pocklington for Get Smitten}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on this? Go ahead!

Share this post with your friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails